Effective Date: April 11, 2022
THIS PLATFORM IS INTENDED FOR USE BY INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND ARE LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES. IF YOU ARE FROM ANOTHER JURISDICTION OR UNDER EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE, YOU MAY NOT USE THIS PLATFORM. BY ACCESSING OR USING THE PLATFORM YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU ARE OF LEGAL AGE TO FORM A BINDING CONTRACT WITH US, MEET ALL OF THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS HEREIN, HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE TERMS, AND THAT YOU AGREE TO COMPLY WITH AND BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THE TERMS.
If you are accepting or agreeing to the Terms on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to act on behalf of and bind that entity to the Terms.
ABOUT THE TERMS
- “DRS,” “we,” or “us” refer to DonateRight Services, LLC and our officers, directors, employees, contractors and agents. To the extent applicable, they also refer to our affiliates, service providers and licensors, and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors and agents.
- “Platform” refers, collectively, to any and all Website, Services and other technology through which DRS provides the Services.
- “Platform Content” refers to any and all videos, text, photos, information and other content included, provided or made available on or through the Platform, including all User Content except Your Content.
- “Services” refers to any services or products provided by DRS and its service providers, and any and all related services and promotions.
- “User Content” or “Your Content” refers to videos, text, photos, information and other content captured, recorded, streamed, stored, shared or otherwise made available or caused to be made available by users on or through the Platform.
- “Users” means any and all persons that access or use the Platform. References to “access” and/or “use” of the Platform (and any variations thereof) include the acts of accessing or browsing the Website and accessing or using the Services.
- “Website” refers to any website owned or operated by DRS (including the website currently located at www.RallyRight.com), through which access to the Services is available. References to the “Website” include any and all features, functionality, tools and content available on or through each such website.
Platform Rules and Supplemental Terms
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE FUNCTIONAL LIMITATIONS OF THE PLATFORM AND/OR THE SERVICES;
- YOUR OBLIGATION TO COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS;
- LIMITATIONS OF OUR LIABILITY TO YOU; AND
- A REQUIREMENT THAT YOU PURSUE CLAIMS OR SEEK RELIEF AGAINST US (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, RATHER THAN AS A PARTICIPANT IN ANY CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING.
YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE PLATFORM AND SERVICES IS CONDITIONED ON YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF AND COMPLIANCE WITH THESE TERMS.
Amendment of Terms
DRS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend the Terms, at any time and without prior notice, including to change, modify, add to, update or remove terms and conditions (collectively “amend” or “update”). If we choose to amend the Terms, we will update the Effective Date at the top of the Terms and post the updated version. We may also, at our option, choose to notify you by e-mail or another means. By continuing to use the Platform after we have posted an updated version of the Terms or otherwise notified you of an update, you are affirming that you agree to be bound by the amended Terms. This provision is subject to a few limitations in the “Dispute Resolution” section below. If the amended Terms are not acceptable to you, your only recourse is to stop using the Platform.
No other modification, amendment, supplement of or to the Terms will be binding on DRS unless it is in writing and signed by an authorized representative of DRS.
Consequences of Non-Compliance
Your failure to comply with the Terms may result in the suspension or termination of your account and/or access to the Platform, and may subject you to civil and criminal penalties.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE PLATFORM
License to Use
Subject to your compliance with the Terms, DRS grants you a limited non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-assignable and non-sublicensable license to access and use the Platform for the sole purpose of using the Platform and Services to facilitate contributions to political committees, candidates, and campaigns, which, depending on the Services purchased, may include the ability to export and analyze your fundraising data. If you are a political committee, candidate, or campaign, you accept responsibility for any contributions made to you by Users of the Platform. This license is granted for the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefit of the Platform as provided by DRS, in the manner permitted by the Terms.
Set-Up and Operating Requirements
In order to use the Services, you must:
- have internet access (e.g., WiFi or 3G /4G with a data plan);
- download the App on your smartphone or tablet;
- register for an account (as set forth in more detail below in the “Accounts” section below); and
- provide and maintain complete, accurate and up-to-date account information, including contact information for your emergency contacts.
If any of the above requirements are not met, you will not be able to use some or all of the Services.
In addition to the set-up and operating requirements, there are certain other circumstances that may limit the availability or effectiveness of the Services.
- Service Area – The Platform is currently configured for use in the United States only, and is not intended for use outside of the United States.
- Service Interruptions – The Services can be interrupted for any reason that disrupts internet access or GPS capabilities, including in the event of:
- electrical power outages
- natural disasters
- electronic interference
- an outage affecting the data transport service
- failure of originating or terminating access lines
- network congestion and/or reduced routing speed DRS’ network or another network (for example, due to spikes in call volume in the wake of local or national disasters), causing failed calls, busy signals or unexpected answering wait times (which may be longer than emergency calls placed via traditional telephone networks)
- compatibility issues
- equipment failures relating to your equipment or DRS’ equipment, including, hardware or software failures or misconfiguration affecting DRS, its offices, data centers, and/or any of its service providers
YOU AFFIRM THAT YOU HAVE READ THE FOREGOING AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT:
- DRS DOES NOT AND CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT THE PLATFORM WILL BE CONTINUOUS OR ERROR-FREE. FOR EXAMPLE, THE PLATFORM WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE OUTSIDE OF THE SERVICE AREA OR UNDER CIRCUMSTANCES SET FORTH ABOVE.
- IF YOUR MOBILE OR DATA PLAN SERVICES OR ACCESS TO THE INTERNET OR OUR PLATFORM IS/ARE SUSPENDED, CANCELLED OR TERMINATED (E.G., AS A RESULT OF BILLING ISSUES OR OTHER BREACH), YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO USE SOME OR ALL OF THE PLATFORM.
- YOU ARE EXCLUSIVELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM AND YOUR CONTENT. ABUSE OF THE SERVICES MAY SUBJECT YOU TO CIVIL AND CRIMINAL FINES AND PENALTIES.
- IT MAY TAKE UP TO SEVENTY TWO (72) HOURS TO GRANT YOU ACCESS TO THE PLATFORM AND/OR SERVICES. PLEASE TAKE THIS INTO CONSIDERATION WHEN CHOOSING THE RELEVANT START DATE AS DRS WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SUCH DELAY.
Modifications and Updates to the Platform and Services
DRS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify or discontinue offering the Platform and/or Services, in whole or in part, including any Website, or any features, functionality, tools or content thereof, at any time, for any reason or no reason, with or without notice to you. We also retain the right to impose limits on your use and storage of the User Content at our sole discretion at any time without prior notice to you.
You agree that DRS has no obligation to provide any updates or to continue to provide or enable any particular features, functionality, tools or content, and will not be liable with respect to any such modifications, discontinuance or deletions.
The Platform is controlled and operated within the United States and is not intended for use outside of the United States. You are hereby prohibited from accessing or using the Platform from any territory where the Platform or any of the features, functionality, tools, content thereof, is illegal. If you choose to access the Platform from a location outside the United States, you do so at your own risk and you are solely responsible for compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, including export laws and any regulations and local laws regarding online conduct and content.
While certain Platform Content is publicly available, you must register for a user account before you are able to use any of the Services. You may register to create an account directly via the Platform.
No person or entity may have more than one active account at any given time.
For corporate clients (each, an “Corporate Customer”), including political committees and campaigns, designated administrators will set up the primary account, and will identify the employees or representatives who are eligible for account log-in credentials or sub-accounts that will be linked to the Corporate Customer’s account or subsidized by Corporate Customer. DRS will provide user IDs for each of the employees or representatives identified by Corporate Customer for account log-in access or sub-accounts. Each user ID will be assigned to a specific User. User IDs are not transferable. When Corporate Customer notifies DRS that an employee or representative is no longer eligible for account log-in credentials or a sub-account (for example, if the employee has left the client’s employ), DRS will remove access for that account log-in or sub-account. When the client notifies DRS of an employee or representative who is newly eligible for account log-in credentials or a sub-account, DRS will promptly send the client a new user ID for the new employee. (For simplicity, both administrator accounts and sub-accounts will be referred to hereafter as “accounts.”)
Your account and account profile page will be created based upon the information you provide to us.
You agree to provide complete, accurate and up-to-date information during the registration process and to update such information as necessary to ensure that it remains complete, accurate and up-to-date.
When you create your account, you will be asked to create a username and password, which you will be solely responsible for safeguarding. We encourage you to use “strong” passwords (passwords that use a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols) with your account or any other account that you may connect to your account. You agree not to disclose your username or password to any third party, and you agree to immediately notify DRS of any unauthorized use of your account. You further acknowledge and agree that you will be solely responsible for any activities or actions on or through your account, whether or not you have authorized such activities or actions. DRS cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above requirements.
FEES AND PAYMENT TERMS
Payment/ Credit Cards
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PROVIDING DRS WITH VALID CREDIT CARD OR PAYMENT ACCOUNT DETAILS AND FOR THE TIMELY PAYMENT OF ALL FEES. YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT TO USE ANY CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD OR OTHER PAYMENT METHOD UTILIZED IN CONNECTION WITH ANY TRANSACTION. Please note that the payment information, including name and contact information, that you submit when you register may be used and shared with our payment processing services provider and otherwise used in accordance with our Privacy Notice.
If DRS is unable to successfully charge your credit card or payment account for fees due, or invoices are not paid in full when due, we reserve the right to restrict or suspend access to your account, or terminate your account (including, any employee accounts associated with your account). If you terminate your account for any reason or if we terminate your account due to your breach, such termination will be effective immediately, and you will be immediately billed for any unbilled fees incurred prior to the effective date of termination. You will not receive a refund for any amounts you already paid for that billing period. Further, you agree to reimburse us for any collection costs and interest for any overdue amounts.
We may contact you via email regarding your account, for example, in connection with a problem with your credit card or payment account.
Recurring Donations. For your convenience, DRS offers the ability to make a regular contribution to one or more recipients using a stored payment method. When you sign up for a recurring donation, DRS will charge the amount you designated to your account each month and forward that contribution to the recipient you have chosen. If you wish to cancel future instances of a recurring donation, or change the payment method used for future charges, you can do so through the Platform or by contacting us at Admin@RallyRight.com.
Unless DRS agrees or states otherwise in writing, all fees and charges are nonrefundable.
If you are with a campaign, committee, or organization that has received a donation through DRS and would like to request that we refund that contribution, please contact us at Admin@RallyRight.com and we will do our best to assist you.
In certain circumstances, you may be eligible to receive certain products in connection with your contribution (“Products”). All descriptions, images, features, specifications, and contribution amounts associated with the Products are subject to change at any time without notice. The inclusion of any Products on the Platform does not imply or warrant that these Products will be available. DRS reserves the right, with or without prior notice, to do any one or more of the following for any reason: (i) limit the available quantity of or discontinue any Product; (ii) impose conditions on the honoring of any coupon, coupon code, promotional code, or other similar promotion; (iii) bar you from making or completing any or all transactions; and (iv) refuse to provide you with any Product or refuse to provide you with the opportunity to obtain any Product. You agree to pay all charges incurred by you, on your behalf, or by your account through the Platform, at the price in effect when such charges are incurred. You are solely responsible for any taxes applicable to your transaction.
Political committees, candidates, and campaigns, as applicable, are solely responsible for the resolution of disputes for all transactions made on or through the Platform. DRS does not have any control over and shall not be responsible in any way for: (a) the existence, quality, shipping, fulfillment, safety, legality of Products made available on or through the Platform and contributions made or solicited on the Platform; (b) the truth or accuracy of any User Content; (c) the ability of a User to deliver Products, or deliver on promises made related to the contributions; or (d) your ability to pay for the transactions.
ANY OPPORTUNITIES TO MAKE CONTRIBUTIONS OR REQUEST OR RECEIVE PRODUCTS DESCRIBED ON THE PLATFORM ARE OFFERED ONLY IN JURISDICTIONS WHERE THEY MAY BE LEGALLY OFFERED AND TO INDIVIDUALS OR ENTITIES THAT MAY LAWFULLY MAKE CONTRIBUTIONS OR REQUEST OR RECEIVE PRODUCTS ACCORDING TO THE APPLICABLE RULES OF THE JURISDICTION. THE INFORMATION ON THE PLATFORM IS NOT AN OFFER OR SOLICITATION BY ANYONE IN ANY JURISDICTION IN WHICH AN OFFER OR SOLICITATION CANNOT LEGALLY BE MADE, OR ANY PERSON TO WHOM IT IS UNLAWFUL TO MAKE A SOLICITATION.
Responsibility for Contributions / Redirection of Payments to Agents and Third Parties
Political committees, candidates, and campaigns using the Platform acknowledge and agree that DRS has no control over and shall not be responsible in any way for: (i) contributions made or solicited on the Platform; (ii) your ability to deliver on promises made related to any contributions; (iii) the ability of any User to make a contribution; or (iv) the legality or legitimacy, or lack thereof, of any contribution and any resulting losses or liability incurred by you as a result of potential illegality of contributions. You acknowledge and agree that as between DRS and you, you shall be solely responsible for all refunds, chargebacks, third-party chargeback fees, and DRS fees related to the foregoing (“Deduction Amounts”) related to the contributions you receive and in no event shall DRS be responsible in any way for such Deduction Amounts.
Political committees, candidates, and campaigns using the Platform may be offered the opportunity to direct the Platform to make payment to a third party, including your agents and providers of services to help you raise and collect contributions (collectively, “Third Party Providers”). Payments to Third Party Providers that you have requested or directed through or in connection with the Platform shall be referred to as “Fee Amounts.” Fee Amounts may be paid through deductions from, or redirection of, contribution amounts received through the Platform.
Campaign Finance Laws
Political contributions are governed by campaign finance laws. DRS makes its commercially reasonable best efforts to ensure that all contributions made on the Platform are in accordance with these laws. Nonetheless, you acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for ensuring your own compliance.
For example, DRS does not permit Users to make contributions larger than $2,900 per election to any federal candidate committee. However, DRS does not track Users’ contributions through other avenues, such as fundraisers and campaign websites. You therefore, and not DRS, are responsible for ensuring that your total contributions through these different avenues do not exceed your contribution limits. For more information on contribution limits, please visit www.FEC.gov.
501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) Donations
Donations and contributions to charities (501(c)(3) organizations) and social welfare groups (501(c)(4) organizations) are not subject to any contribution limits. DRS is not responsible for your treatment of these donations or contributions on your tax returns. You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for reporting your donations accurately as required. We recommend consulting your tax adviser or tax preparer if you have any questions.
USER CONDUCT GUIDELINES
Any time you access or use the Platform, you are required to comply with our User conduct guidelines, as set forth below.
Public Areas: Your Content may be viewed by other Users and by other persons or entities, including through third party services and websites. Thus, you should only capture, record, upload, stream, share or store videos, images, information and other content that you are comfortable sharing with others.
You are not authorized to access or use the Platform:
- to impersonate any person or entity, or falsify or otherwise misrepresent your identity, credentials, affiliations or intentions;
- to collect, store or use any information from or about another User, other than to provide aid to such User or as otherwise authorized and intended by such User;
- to “stalk” or harass any other User;
- for any purpose that is unlawful, tortious, abusive, intrusive on another’s privacy, harassing, libelous, defamatory, embarrassing, obscene, threatening, or hateful;
- to distribute unsolicited commercial or bulk electronic communications (or, “spam”), chain letters or “pyramid” schemes;
- to systematically retrieve information or content to create or compile, directly or indirectly, in single or multiple downloads, a collection, compilation, database, directory or the like, whether by manual methods, through the use of bots, crawlers, or spiders, or otherwise;
- if you are not able to form legally binding contracts (for example, if you are under 18);
- if you are a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction; or
- for any other purposes that are not expressly permitted by the Terms.
Further, you may not:
- access, copy, distribute, share, publish, use or store, or prepare derivative works from any Platform Content that belongs to DRS, another User or to a third party, including works covered by any copyrights, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property right, except with prior express permission of the person or entity party holding the rights to license such use;
- share your user ID/username or transfer your account to another party without our consent;
- circumvent our systems, policies, determinations as to your account status, including by attempting to access or use the Platform if your account has been suspended or cancelled or you have otherwise been temporarily or permanently prohibited or blocked from using the Platform;
- access, search, collect information from, or otherwise interact with the Platform by “scraping,” “crawling” or “spidering” the Platform, by the use of any software, device, script or robot, or by any other means (automated or otherwise) other than through the currently available, published interfaces that are provided by DRS, unless you have been specifically authorized to do so in a separate agreement with DRS;
- use, display, mirror or frame the Platform, or any feature, functionality, tool or content of the Platform, DRS’ name, any DRS trademark, logo or other proprietary information, without DRS’ express written consent;
- interfere with, disrupt, damage or compromise the Platform or our systems or the access of any User, host or network in any way, including through the use of viruses, cancel bots, Trojan horses, harmful code, flood pings, denial-of-service attacks, backdoors, packet or IP spoofing, forged routing or electronic mail address information or similar methods or technology or by overloading, flooding, spamming, mail-bombing the Platform or otherwise imposing an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Platform;
- access, tamper with or use non-public areas of any of the Platform, DRS’ computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of DRS’ providers;
- probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network of DRS or its providers, or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures of such system or network;
- avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble, or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by DRS or any of DRS’ providers or any other third party to protect the Platform;
- forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or posting, or in any way use the Platform to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the code or software used to provide the Platform;
- export or re-export the Platform, except in compliance with the export control laws and regulations of any relevant jurisdictions;
- otherwise abuse the Platform or breach the Terms; or
- attempt to do any of the foregoing, or advocate, encourage or assist any third party in doing any of the foregoing.
Responsibility for User Content
Ultimately, all User Content, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the User who originated such content. We do not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any User Content or endorse any opinions expressed in such User Content. You understand that by using the Platform, you may be exposed to User Content that is offensive, harmful, inaccurate, misleading, fraudulent or otherwise inappropriate. Under no circumstances will DRS be liable in any way for any User Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any User Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of any User Content.
We may, but are not required to monitor or control the User Content captured, recorded, uploaded, streamed, shared or stored on or through the Platform, and we cannot take responsibility for such User Content. Any use or reliance on any User Content is at your own risk.
If you feel that another User has violated the Terms, abused the Platform or otherwise acted inappropriately, you may report the User to DRS at Admin@RallyRight.com. DRS reserves the right, but assumes no obligation, to investigate and take appropriate action in response to such reports. Regardless of its action or inaction, in no event will DRS be liable for the acts or omissions of any User or any third party.
If you are a California resident, you may also report complaints to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by contacting them in writing at 400 R Street, Sacramento, CA 95814, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210. See the “California Residents” subsection below for the full information required under California Civil Code §1789.3.
DRS reserves the right to investigate and prosecute violations of any and all reports, complaints and claims, or otherwise suspected misconduct or violations of the law to the fullest extent of the law.
Without limiting the foregoing, you acknowledge that DRS has the right, but not the obligation, at any time and without prior notice, to monitor access to or use of the Platform or Services by any User, to access, review, preserve and disclose any User Content, or to remove or disable access to any User Content, if we believe in good faith that it is reasonably necessary (i) to comply with any law or regulation or satisfy any legal process or governmental request (for example, a subpoena, warrant, order or other requirement of a court, administrative agency or other governmental body), (ii) to respond to claims asserted against DRS, (iii) to enforce and to ensure a User’s compliance with the Terms, including the investigation of potential violations, (iv) to conduct risk assessments, and prevent, detect and investigate incidents of fraud, security and technical issues, (v) to protect the rights, property or safety of DRS, its Users or members of the public, and (vi) for the purpose of operating and improving the Platform and Services (including for customer support purposes).
You agree to cooperate with and assist DRS or its representative in good faith, in any such investigations, including by providing us with such information as we may reasonably request.
ACCOUNT SUSPENSION AND CANCELLATION
You may cancel your account at any time.
We may, in our discretion, without liability to you and without limiting our other remedies, with or without prior notice and at any time, decide to (i) limit, suspend, deactivate or cancel your account and take technical and legal steps to prevent you from using our Platform and Services at any time for any reason, and (ii) screen or delay the posting or delivery of Your Content.
DRS reserves the right to suspend or terminate your account or your access to the Platform if you create more than one account, or if any information provided during the registration process or thereafter is determined to be incomplete, inaccurate, out-dated, deceptive or fraudulent.
We reserve the right to cancel unconfirmed accounts or accounts that have been inactive for a prolonged period of time. We also reserve the right to cancel accounts of Users who fail to comply with the Terms, including the terms and conditions regarding User conduct, as set forth in the “General User Conduct” section below and elsewhere in the Terms.
If your account is deactivated or cancelled, DRS will have the right, but not the obligation to delete Your Content.
If DRS has suspended your account due to your actual or suspected breach of the Terms, such suspension will continue until the suspected breach is cured or otherwise resolved to DRS’ reasonable satisfaction.
When an issue arises, we reserve the right to consider such User’s performance history and the specific circumstances in applying our policies, and to determine how strictly to enforce such policies in an effort to achieve a fair outcome for all parties involved.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNERSHIP
The Platform and Services, including any Website, and all features, functionality, tools and content thereof, is protected by copyright, trademark, patent and other laws of the United States and foreign countries. You acknowledge and agree that the Platform and Services, and all intellectual property rights therein are the exclusive property of DRS and its licensors. You will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark, patent marking, or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Platform or Services.
You hereby grant DRS an unrestricted license to utilize all data generated by its provision of the Platform and/or Services in an aggregated and/or anonymous format for its commercial benefit, including, but not limited to, sharing such aggregated and/or anonymous data with third parties.
Without limiting the foregoing, you acknowledge and agree that the trade names, logos, and other trademarks and service marks associated with DRS (the “DRS Marks”) are the property of DRS, and that you are not permitted to use the DRS Marks without our prior written consent.
You may not use, copy, reproduce, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publish, post, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, broadcast, adapt, modify, prepare derivative works based upon, or otherwise exploit any features, functionality, tools or content of the Platform or Services in any form or by any means, or sublicense the rights granted in the Terms, except as expressly permitted herein, without the prior written permission of DRS or the intellectual property owner, as applicable.
This foregoing license is subject to modification or revocation at any time at DRS’ sole discretion.
No licenses or rights are granted to you by implication or otherwise under any intellectual property rights owned or controlled by DRS or its licensors, except for the licenses and rights expressly granted in the Terms. All rights not expressly granted to you by the Terms are hereby reserved.
By capturing, recording, uploading, streaming, sharing or storing Your Content, you hereby grant DRS a worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable, sublicensable, royalty-free right and license to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, distribute, post, broadcast, publicly perform, publish and display Your Content in any and all media as necessary to provide the Services to you, including, customer support services, and otherwise operate the Platform, including for product development and de-bugging purposes.
You agree that this license includes the right for DRS to provide, promote, and improve the Platform and Service and to make Your Content available to other companies, organizations or individuals who have a business relationship with DRS (“partner”) for the syndication, broadcast, distribution or publication of such content on other media and services, subject to our terms and conditions for such use.
Such additional uses by DRS, or other companies, organizations or individuals who partner with us, may be made with no compensation paid to you with respect to Your Content.
We may modify or adapt Your Content in order to transmit, display or distribute it over computer networks and in various media and/or make changes to Your Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that content to any requirements or limitations of any networks, devices, services or media. You further grant us the right to use, copy, distribute, post, broadcast, publicly perform, publish and display your name, city, state and other information in connection with Your Content as described herein or elsewhere on the Platform, subject to any applicable data protection laws.
DRS does not claim any ownership rights in Your Content and nothing in the Terms will be deemed to restrict any rights that you may have to use and exploit any such content, subject only to the licenses granted to DRS under these Terms.
You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for Your Content, and for any consequences thereof, including the use of your Content by other users and our third-party partners.
You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the rights granted herein to Your Content, and that neither Your Content, nor DRS’ use of Your Content (or any portion thereof) on or through the Platform or in connection with the Services will infringe, misappropriate or violate the rights of any person or entity, including patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights, industrial rights, database rights or other proprietary or intellectual property rights, rights of publicity or privacy or data protection or contractual rights, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
You understand that Your Content may be syndicated, broadcast, distributed, or published by our partners and if you do not have the right to submit Your Content for such use, it may subject you to liability. DRS will not be responsible or liable for any use of Your Content by DRS, any other User, or any third party in accordance with the Terms.
We welcome and encourage you to provide feedback, comments, ideas and suggestions for improvements, enhancements and modifications to the Platform (“Feedback”). You may submit Feedback by e-mailing us, at Admin@RallyRIght.com. You acknowledge and agree that all Feedback you give us (i) will be treated as non-confidential, and (ii) will be the sole and exclusive property of DRS. Without limiting the foregoing, you acknowledge that your Feedback may be disseminated or used by DRS or its affiliates for any purpose whatsoever, including developing, improving and marketing products. You hereby irrevocably transfer and assign to DRS all of your right, title, and interest in and to all Feedback, including all worldwide patent, copyright, trade secret, moral and other proprietary or intellectual property rights therein, and waive any moral rights you may have in such Feedback.
You agree to sign and deliver such documents, and otherwise provide such assistance, as may reasonably be required from time to time to perfect DRS’ rights in such improvements, enhancements and modifications.
Users are required by the Terms to provide accurate information and, although DRS may conduct certain limited checks and/or institute certain processes designed to help verify information provided by Users, we do not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of any information provided by any User, including the User’s purported identity, credentials or background.
Any indication that a User has been “verified” (or similar language) only means that the User has completed a relevant verification process. It is not an endorsement, certification or guarantee by DRS about the User, including of the User’s identity, credentials or background. Any such description is intended only help you to evaluate and you make your own decisions about the identity and suitability of others whom you contact or interact with via the Platform.
We recommend that you exercise due diligence when deciding to communicate or interact with another User, and we will not be responsible or liable for any damage or harm resulting from your interactions with other Users.
Campaigns, Committees, and Candidates
DRS does not control or endorse any political campaign, committee, candidate, or cause, or any conformance or legality of the representation of any such campaign, committee, candidate, or cause described on the Platform or elsewhere. DRS cannot and does not control whether political campaigns, committees, candidates, or causes, and agents of the same, will complete their representations or promises they make on the Platform or elsewhere. In the event you have a dispute with a campaign, committee, candidate, or cause, or suffer any harm arising out of or connected with any campaign, committee, candidate, or cause, you hereby waive all claims and release DRS (and their subsidiaries, employees, officers, directors, shareholders, suppliers, joint venturers, and agents) from any and all liability for claims, demands, damages (actual and consequential), costs and expenses (including litigation costs and attorneys’ fees) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with any donation, contribution, or representation made on or through the Platform, any campaign, committee, or with regards to such dispute.
Links to Third Party Websites and Services
The Platform may also provide links to third-party websites, resources or services. You acknowledge and agree that DRS is not responsible or liable for (i) the availability, terms or practices of such websites, resources or services, or (ii) the content, products or services available on or through such websites, resources or services, including that any information provided is complete, accurate or up-to-date. Links to such websites, resources or services do not imply any endorsement by DRS of such websites, resources or services or the content, products or services available on or through such websites, resources or services. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites, resources or services or the content, products or services available on or through such websites or services.
We will not be responsible or liable for any damage or harm resulting from your interactions with such websites or services, or the content, products or services available on or through such websites or services.
WARRANTIES, DISCLAIMERS, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY & INDEMNIFICATION
Warranties by Users
You represent and warrant to DRS that:
- you have the power and authority to accept and agree to the Terms;
- you own or control all of the rights necessary to grant the rights and licenses granted herein;
- you will not violate any federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations or infringe the rights of any third party, including, any intellectual property, privacy or publicity-related rights, in connection with Your Content or otherwise in connection with your access to or use of the Platform and Services;
- the exercise by DRS of the rights granted by you hereunder will not cause DRS to violate any applicable laws, rules or regulations, to infringe the rights of any third party; and
- all account information provided by you will be complete, accurate and up-to-date when provided, and updated as necessary to ensure that it remains complete, accurate and up-to-date.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, THE PLATFORM AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, DRS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR TITLE OR RIGHTFUL CLAIM, WARRANTIES AS TO THE RELIABILITY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE PLATFORM OR SERVICES, OR THAT USE OF THE PLATFORM OR SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, WARRANTIES AS TO THE COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY OR TIMELINESS OF ANY PLATFORM CONTENT.
Limitation of Liability
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW:
- THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM IS AND REMAINS WITH YOU.
- WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, DRS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY RELATED TO (I) YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE PLATFORM, (II) THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF ANY OTHER USER OR ANY OTHER PERSONS WITH WHOM YOU COMMUNICATE OR INTERACT AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM, AND (III) ANY USER OR PLATFORM CONTENT ACCESSED, VIEWED OR DOWNLOADED IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE PLATFORM.
- YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT BY ACCESSING AND USING THE PLATFORM, SUBMITTING AND TRANSMITTING YOUR CONTENT, COMMUNICATING OR INTERACTING WITH OTHER USERS AND ACCESSING, VIEWING OR DOWNLOADING THE USER CONTENT OF OTHER USERS ARE DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU AND HEREBY RELEASE DRS AND WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION WITH RESPECT TO ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING.
- IN NO EVENT WILL DRS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR DAMAGES FOR LOST REVENUES OR PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR LOSS OF GOODWILL, SERVICE INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER DAMAGE OR SYSTEM FAILURE, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL OR BODILY INJURY OR EMOTIONAL DISTRESS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER BASED IN WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT DRS HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, EVEN IF A LIMITED REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
- CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSIVE OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES AS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION, SO THESE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS APPLY TO YOU ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. IN THE EVENT THAT THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS DETERMINED BY A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION TO BE UNENFORCEABLE, DRS’ AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS (US$100).
Basis of the Bargain
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH ABOVE ARE ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN DRS AND YOU, AND WILL SURVIVE AND APPLY EVEN IF YOUR REMEDIES ARE FOUND OR ALLEGED TO HAVE FAILED OF THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
NOTHING IN THE TERMS FURTHER IS INTENDED TO EXCLUDE OR LIMIT ANY CONDITION, WARRANTY, RIGHT OR LIABILITY WHICH MAY NOT BE LAWFULLY EXCLUDED OR LIMITED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF IMPLIED TERMS, OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE FROM DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY. ACCORDINGLY, ONLY THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION THAT ARE LAWFUL IN YOUR JURISDICTION WILL APPLY TO YOU, AND OUR LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT REQUIRED BY LAW.
To the maximum extent not prohibited by applicable law, you agree to release, defend, indemnify, and hold DRS its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors and service providers, and its and their officers, directors, shareholders, agents, employees and representatives, harmless (collectively “indemnify” or any variation thereof) from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including, any bodily injury, illness, death or damage to any real or personal property, or any other injuries, losses, or damages (whether compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind, and including reasonable legal fees and litigation expenses and costs, arising out of or relating to or in any way connected with (i) your access to or use of the Platform, including any and all features, functionality, tools, content and promotions available on and through the Services, (ii) Your Content, (iii) any interactions with any other User, (iv) your breach of the Terms, including any violation of national, federal, state or local or other applicable laws, rules or regulations or any infringement or misappropriation of the rights of any third party, and (v) your gross negligence or willful misconduct.
Obligation to Defend.
You agree that, at DRS’ option, you will conduct the defense of any such claim or action; provided that, notwithstanding our election that you conduct the defense, (i) DRS may nevertheless participate in such defense or settlement negotiations and pay its own costs associated therewith, and (ii) you will not enter into any settlement or other compromise without the prior written approval of DRS (which approval shall not be unreasonably withheld), unless such settlement or other compromise includes a full and unconditional release of the relevant parties from all liabilities and other obligations in respect of such claim or action.
No Implied Indemnity.
No person or entity shall be entitled to any form of equitable or implied indemnification at any time, except as provided by the Terms.
GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY. IT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS AND WILL HAVE A SUBSTANTIAL IMPACT ON HOW CLAIMS YOU AND DRS HAVE AGAINST EACH OTHER ARE RESOLVED.
The Terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Georgia without regard to conflict of law principles.
Notwithstanding any contrary provision of these Terms, all disputes, claims, controversies and matters relating to or in connection with these Terms (or the breach thereof) or any transactions hereunder shall be settled by binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Arbitration Rules (“AAA Rules”), and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitration shall take place in Atlanta, Georgia, before a single neutral arbitrator appointed in accordance with the AAA Rules and shall be conducted in the English language. All arbitrations shall be conducted and resolved on an individual basis and not a class-wide, multiple plaintiff or similar basis. No arbitration shall be consolidated with any other arbitration proceeding involving any other person or entity.
Jurisdiction and Venue
Subject to the above arbitration provisions, you and DRS agree that any and all disputes, claims and actions, at law or in equity, arising out of or relating to or in connection with the Terms or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof, or to the use of the Platform, including the Website (collectively, “Disputes”) in the federal or state courts located in Georgia and each of us agrees that such courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any such actions, except that DRS retains the right to submit a Dispute to any court of competent jurisdiction. DRS also may seek injunctive or other equitable relief for breach of these Terms in any court of competent jurisdiction wherever located. You consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive any objection as to inconvenient forum. The prevailing party in any suit, action or proceeding, including any arbitration proceeding, will be entitled to recover its reasonable legal fees and costs and expenses from the other party.
Prohibition of Class and Representative Actions and Non-Individualized Relief
YOU AGREE THAT YOU MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST DRS ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND HEREBY WAIVE THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY CLASS ACTION OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW. FURTHER, UNLESS BOTH YOU AND DRS OTHERWISE AGREE IN WRITING, THE COURT MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S CLAIMS, AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE, OR CLASS PROCEEDING.
Future Amendments to this Section
Both of us agree that if we make any amendment to this Dispute Resolution section (other than an amendment to any notice address or site link provided herein) in the future, that amendment will not apply to any claim that was filed in a legal proceeding against us prior to the effective date of the amendment. However, the amendment will apply to all other disputes or claims governed by this section that have arisen or may arise between you and DRS. We will notify you of amendments to this section by posting the amended Terms on www.RallyRight.com/DonateRight/Terms-of-Service. If you do not agree to the amended terms, you may close your account within 30 days and you will not be bound by the amended dispute resolution terms. If you do not have an account (or once you have closed your account, if applicable), you must cease using the Platform immediately. By rejecting any change, you are agreeing that you will arbitrate any Dispute between you and DRS in accordance with the provisions of this “Dispute Resolution” section as of the date you first accepted the Terms (or accepted any subsequent changes to the Terms).
Our collection and use of information about Users is governed by our Privacy Notice. By accessing and using the Platform, you consent to the collection and use of this information, including the transfer of this information outside the United States and/or other countries, for storage, processing and use by DRS. As part of providing you the Platform, we may need to provide you with certain communications, such as service announcements and administrative messages. These communications are considered part of the Service, which you may not be able to opt-out from receiving.
When you access or use the Platform or send emails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by email or by posting notices on the Platform. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. You further agree that any notices provided by us electronically are deemed to be given and received on the date we transmit any such electronic communication as described in the Terms
You may not assign, transfer, delegate or sublicense any of your rights or obligations under the Terms, including by operation of law or merger or consolidation, without our express prior written consent, which may be granted or withheld in our sole discretion. Any attempted assignment, transfer, delegation or sublicense without the foregoing consent will be null and void. DRS may assign, transfer, delegate and/or sublicense our rights and obligations under the Terms, in whole or in part, in its sole discretion, without restriction.
Subject to the foregoing, the Terms will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and assigns.
Except as otherwise expressly set forth herein, no agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by the Terms.
Survival of Terms
Any notices or other communications permitted or required hereunder, including those regarding modifications to the Terms, will be in writing and given by DRS (i) via e-mail (in each case to the address that you provide), or (ii) by posting to the Website. For notices made by e-mail, the date on which such notice is transmitted will be deemed the date of receipt.
Except as expressly set forth in the Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under the Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies available under contract, at law, in equity or otherwise.
Except as otherwise provided in the Terms, if an arbitrator or a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of the Terms to be invalid, void or unenforceable, in whole or in part, for any reason, the offending provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions, which will remain in full force and effect.
The headings in the Terms are for reference purposes only and do not limit or otherwise affect the meaning or interpretation of any of the provisions hereof.
Third Party Beneficiaries
Except as otherwise expressly set forth herein, the Terms do not and are not intended to confer any rights or remedies upon any person other than the parties hereto.
In the Terms, unless the context requires otherwise: (i) ”herein,” “hereof,” “hereunder,” “hereto,” and similar terms refer to the Terms collectively and as a whole, and not merely to the specific section, paragraph or clause in which the term appears; (ii) ”or” connotes any combination of all or any of the items listed; and (iii) ”including” (and any of its derivative forms) means “including but not limited to.”
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact DRS at Admin@RallyRight.com.
You can also write to us at:
DonateRight Services, LLC
3060 Peachtree Road, Suite 1815
Atlanta, GA 30305
Pursuant to California Civil Code §1789.3, California residents are also entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice:
Complaints regarding the Platform or Services or requests to receive further information regarding use of the Platform or Services may be sent to the above address or to Admin@RallyRight.com.
The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1625 North Market Boulevard, Suite N112, Sacramento, CA 95834 or by telephone at (916) 445-1245 or (800) 952-5210. Hearing impaired persons may call TDD (800)-326-2297 or TDD (916)-928-1227, see www.dca.ca.gov for additional information.